Working on the full map.

progress1

Here comes a status report on my work on converting all my area maps into one map in Illustrator. So far I’ve done about one third area wise in a bout two days of work. It took me several more days to work out styles symbols text styles and lots of other pre-conversion tasks that had to be done before the actual work of remaking the maps using Illustrator. Now I have found what I can import from CorelDraw and what needs to be made from scratch again, so now the work is progressing nicely.

I’ve changed a bit of the look of things as well, both symbols and the graphic style of text and borders and roads. My ambition has been to try and make some text less intrusive, like names of small areas a Barony inside a Kingdom for instance. You have to zoom in a lot to see that as well as the small swamp that are found inside it. Most of this are set using global styles so I can tweak it afterwards across the whole map without too much hassle.

Progress2

But the look of the map when it comes to fonts, symbols and elements are getting close to what I want tin the final product. There are a few more tweaks I want to do but nothing major, so now there are about a week of hard labor at the desk and a map covering the whole of the Flaness in close detail are a lot closer to being a reality!